Many years ago, I took a vacation with some girlfriends to Tulum, Mexico. I had heard wonderful things about Tulum, not the least of which was the incredible food. No surprise, I always educate myself on the regional cuisine before I plan a trip. Tulum…
If you can’t get to one of my favorite restaurants in New York City, ABC Kitchen, guess what? At least you can have their salad that took the city by storm. It became NYC famous in 2012, and those who know, know. It’s a flavor…
Love caesar salad dressing but not always crazy about eating raw egg?
I feel you.
I love a classic caesar, but for everyday, I actually prefer this avocado based dressing. It’s bright, creamy, tart, and delicious. Best of all it comes together in minutes and will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
It’s become a staple in my kitchen for a reason.
“what else can I use?”
- Both anchovies and anchovy paste can be used in this dressing. If you’re using paste, about a teaspoon should be great.
- If you don’t want to use anchovy, the flavor will change, but it’ll still be a delicious dressing. Use a bit more salt and lemon to taste.
- Sometimes I throw about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan in the dressing when I fancy it.
You’ll grow to love this healthy, creamy avocado caesar salad dressing as much as the original, if not more. I love it on everything from salads to chicken burrito bowls and a dip for fresh veggies. Enjoy!
Avocado Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted peeled and halved
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies or 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, only using 4 Tbsp of water initially.
- Blend, scraping the sides as needed, until smooth.
- Continue to add water, 1 tbsp at a time, until the consistency you'd like is reached.
- This will oxidize a bit with time, but keeps in the fridge up to one week.