I made the mistake of baking these Orange Poppy Seed Muffins for Saturday breakfast a few weeks ago and my kids have expected them every morning since. I’ve created a monster… Bake at your own risk!
Tag: bakery style
My Nana made THE BEST banana bread and to this day it’s a recipe I turn to for comfort – it somehow manages to recreate that warm nana-hug feeling and I just can’t get enough. This Maple-Rye take on Nana’s banana bread is a healthy twist that’s made in a single bowl with very little effort required
My Bakery-Style Pumpkin Ginger Muffins were so popular that I had to make another variation on the recipe. Say hello to the only pumpkin bread recipe you will ever need: crunchy topped, tender crumbed, perfectly moist and sweet with warm autumnal spices.
To all of my fellow pumpkin-spice lovers, consider this your go-to pumpkin bread recipe. It’s perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert! It’s incredibly versatile: you can eat it plain or with your favorite spread (butter, nut butter or even jam), enjoy it on the go, or pull it out when unexpected guests arrive for afternoon tea. Go one step further and surprise a friend of neighbor with a loaf to brighten their day! It may be gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, but we’re not sacrificing any flavor here.
Watch Me Make My Ultimate Bakery-Style Pumpkin Bread
How To Make My Ultimate Bakery-Style Pumpkin Bread
Step 1. Preheat oven and spray a standard 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and line with a parchment paper sling.
Step 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and whisk, briefly whisk together all dry ingredients.
Step 3. Add to the bowl the pumpkin, coconut oil, and coconut sugar and mix to combine so there are no flour streaks visible.
Step 4. Add the eggs and whisk for 10 seconds more to combine.
Step 5. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top. Using a sharp knife, make a 1 inch slit down the length of the bread.
Step 6. Sprinkle the top with demerara sugar, if desired.
Step 7. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
Step 8. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Step 9. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- Don’t have coconut sugar? Use brown sugar, or a combination of brown and white instead
- The Demerara sugar (otherwise known as cane sugar) is optional, but adds that quintessential, crystalized bakery-style crunchy top
- Use regular all purpose flour instead of gluten free if desired
- If you have Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand you can replace the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg with about 2 teaspoons of that
- Neutral Oils include vegetable, light olive oil, sunflower oil, canola, and the like. Use any you have.
This Ultimate Bakery-Style Pumpkin Bread is special because:
You get that delicious, melt in your mouth, bakery-style loaf without having to leave your house
The loaf freezes well, perfect for pulling out for unexpected guests
It’s the perfect after school snack because it is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free (if you choose to make it this way), great for any variety of dietary requirements
It stays moist and tender for up to 4 days
Comfy Cozy Pumpkin Recipes?
If you make my Ultimate Bakery-Style Pumpkin Bread, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
If you like full recipe videos, you’ll want to follow me on Facebook and Youtube as I publish new videos daily!
The Ultimate Bakery-Style Pumpkin Bread (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Refined Sugar Free)
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 ½ cup GF all purpose baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ¼ cup neutral oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a standard 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and line with a parchment paper sling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a large bowl and whisk, briefly whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add to the bowl the pumpkin, oil, and coconut sugar and mix to combine so there are no flour streaks visible.
- Add the eggs and whisk for 10 seconds more to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Using a sharp knife, make a 1 inch slit down the length of the bread. This is optional, but it makes for a bakery-style loaf with a slit down the middle.
- Sprinkle the top with dermera sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
When you google “pumpkin muffins” hundreds of recipes come up, do you really need another one? Yes, because this is the only recipe you actually need
Allow me to introduce you to the Bakery-Style muffin of your dreams. Or at least, it’s definitely mine. Perfect for Mother’s day, these jumbo muffins will look like they rolled straight out the door of your local bakery and onto your brunch table. Lots of…