This salad is one of my most viral salads on both Tik Tok and Instagram. I never know which salad is going to really resonate with you all, and sometimes I’m surprised. I guess I shouldn’t have been with this one… it utilizes canned artichokes…
Tag: plant based
Okay, I’m excited about this. This recipe, if I do say so, is a bit of a marvel. I even surprised myself when I first made it, it tasted like it had been cooking for hours and was both hearty and nourishing in a way…
Oh, tacos, how I love thee.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, of course I was going to bring you a Mexican inspired recipe. However, I had these cauliflower tacos locked and loaded to post in the next few weeks anyway because they are SO good. Cinco de Mayo or not, they are not to be missed.
I’ve been turning to more vegetables and legumes for main course dinners lately. I love my meat and fish, don’t get me wrong, but I am enjoying challenging myself to rethink the role that veggies play on our plate.
These Crispy Cauliflower tacos are special Because:
They are the perfect vegetarian and gluten-free dinner – it’s filling and satisfying.
This recipe is easy to make- ready in under an hour!
These tacos are creamy, crispy, and bright with lots of flavor and texture.
This healthy meal is perfect for Meatless Mondays or quick and easy weeknight dinners.
In this recipe, cauliflower is mixed with warm spices and roasted until crispy and golden. When folded into tortillas with creamy avocado sauce and piled high with toppings, it has everything you could want in a perfect bite.
ingredients in roasted cauliflower tacos:
Cauliflower – Cauliflower can be quite meaty, especially when roasted. This makes them the perfect choice for a hearty, plant based taco like this one.
Avocado – The avocado crema is a MUST. I love the contrast of warm, spiced filling and cool, bright sauce that the avocado provides. Mix in cilantro and lime and it’s a wonderful sauce to have on hand for more than just tacos… eggs, crudite, tortilla chips will all appreciate this companion.
Tortillas – I love these rolled up in tortillas as a traditional taco, but all of these components would be great in a rice bowl or even on a salad.
How To Make These Cauliflower Tacos
Step 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2. Arrange cauliflower on a large baking sheet and add onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly and roast for 35 – 45 minutes. Stir halfway through until the cauliflower is tender and browned all over.
Step 3. Combine all the ingredients for the avocado crema into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning.
Step 4. Serve inside warm tortillas with avocado crema, cauliflower, pickled onions, queso fresco, cilantro and lime. Enjoy!
“what else can i use?”
- I use either Siete Foods cassava tortillas or corn tortillas in this, but you can use flour tortillas if you prefer them.
- Queso fresco is available in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores, but if you can’t find it you can use feta, grated cheddar, or leave the cheese off completely.
- I make quick pickled onions for these, marinating red onion in vinegar, sugar, water and peppercorn for at least an hour, but if you don’t want to deal with that then use scallions or thinly sliced red onion to top.
Be sure to check out these other vegetarian recipes:
I hope you love these, and enjoy them for Cinco de Mayo and long after just as we do! If you make these Roasted Cauliflower Tacos, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
- High speed blender
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Avocado Lime Crema:
- 1 large avocado, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and pickled or simply raw red onion
- 1/2 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange cauliflower on a large baking sheet and add onion powder, chili powder, paprika, salt and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly and roast for 35-45 minutes, stirring halfway through until cauliflower is tender and browned all over.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the crema.
Lime avocado crema:
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste for seasoning.
- Warm tortilla by charring on a gas stove open flame or microwaving for 10-20 seconds or so.
- On each tortilla, spread with the avocado crema, add the cauliflower, and top with pickled onions, queso fresco, cilantro and lime. Enjoy!