Pesto White Bean Salad with Garlic Croutons (Vegetarian)
Make this delicious plant based salad even easier with your favorite store bought pesto, but don't skip the homemade garlic croutons.
Pesto White Bean Salad:
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto homemade or store bought
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 oz arugula
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- A few cracks of black pepper
- 2 cups Garlic croutons recipe below
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Glaze homemade or store bought (optional)
- 4 pieces of bread, a few days old
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F.
To make the croutons, cut stale bread into 1 inch cubes and add to a large baking sheet.
Using clean hands, toss bread with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper making sure they are well coated.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until golden on all sides. Set aside to cool.
In a small mixing bowl, toss white beans with pesto.
Arrange arugula and tomatoes on a large platter and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Top with pesto white beans and garlic croutons.
Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if using, and serve.
Calories: 346kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 14gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 509mgPotassium: 964mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1781IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 228mgIron: 6mg