My mission is to empower hungry readers everywhere to feed themselves and their loved ones well and have fun doing it. Rather than focusing on restriction or deprivation, I believe in asking: What can we add to our plates?
In my debut cookbook, Big Bites, I’m sharing 110 wholesome, comforting, mostly gluten-free recipes that are full of flavor, nourishment, and fun—and meant to be devoured in big bites!
Packed with so much personality and joy, this cookbook is a celebration of nature and seasonality and my hope is that it encourages home cooks (that’s you!) to rethink familiar ingredients.
“I love Kat’s food philosophy—that we all have the ability to have a loving relationship with ourselves and savoring delicious, healthy food can be a part of that every day. Her joie de vivre really translates into a joy of cooking and sharing her gift for doing it with fun and creativity.”
Preorder my new cookbook through your local bookstore or linked below! Available 1/23/24!
From Hungry Lady Salads and weeknight dinners to snacks and desserts, Big Bites shares recipes for
• Breakfasts: Avocado Toast with Hot Honey; Goat Cheese Fried Eggs
• Snacks: Burrata with Roasted Grapes; 5-Minute Tzatziki
• Hungry Lady Salads: Shaved Caesar Salad with Fennel and Crispy Chickpeas; Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Sesame Date Dressing
• Weeknights: Honey Mustard Roasted Salmon; One-Pot Pasta with Chicken Sausage + Broccoli
• Sunday Suppers: The Ultimate Beef Meatloaf with Caramelized Onions and Horseradish; Crispy Cod Cakes with Tartar Sauce
• Veggies + Sides: Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes; Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
• Desserts: Orange Ricotta Company Cake; Extra Fudgy Avocado Brownies
• Secret Weapons: Quick Pickled Red Onions; Any-Green Sauce
I can’t wait to help you bring a little joy back into your kitchen!
“If you’ve ever wanted to nudge your family in a healthier direction without having a full-scale mutiny on your hands, Big Bites is the book for you. Bring on the joy and the bounty and all the Hungry Lady inspiration in Kat’s kitchen! In her culinary best friend way, she will arm you with the speedy techniques and mama wisdom to make it fun and get the job done confidently, courageously, and most of all, deliciously! Create veggie lovers over bowls of Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Sesame Date Dressing. Make it better (and faster!) than take out with Air-Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon. If it’s time for a treat, tuck into Brown Butter Brickle Bars—say that three times fast, and then get cooking!”
“Kat’s passion for food shines in everything she does; I absolutely love her recipes and zest for life. In Big Bites, her passion to create healthy, yet approachable meals for all eaters to enjoy is evident on every page. Each recipe celebrates how nourishing and delicious cooking can really be, and she teaches us how to find joy doing it.”