This salad is one of my most viral salads on both Tik Tok and Instagram.
I never know which salad is going to really resonate with you all, and sometimes I’m surprised.
I guess I shouldn’t have been with this one… it utilizes canned artichokes to make a deliciously crispy artichoke base and is tossed with hearty vegetables and beans before bathing in a tart, cheesy dressing. It is bright, so flavorful, and screams Spring.
If you’re wanting to add a salad to your Easter menu this Sunday, this is a great option. In fact, it’s the one I’ll be making and bringing to my mother’s house this weekend!
How To Make Air Fried Artichoke Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing:
Step 1. Toss canned artichokes with a few simple ingredients and air fry until crispy.
Step 2. Make the dressing in a glass bowl or jar, no blender required!
Step 3. Shave Brussels sprouts with a mandoline or cut thinly with a sharp knife.
Step 4. Add salad ingredients to a large serving bowl.
Step 5. Drizzle salad dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
What Else Can I Use?
- I call for canned artichokes in water here. You can also used frozen artichokes if they are thawed and patted very dry.
- Don’t care for raw Brussels sprouts? Feel free to blanch or roast them before adding to the salad.
- Don’t care for Brussels sprouts at all? Green cabbage or kale will work as a substitute.
- I call for white beans in this salad – cannellini or great northern beans are my choice. Feel free to use chickpeas if you’d like, or even leave out altogether. Just know that the beans are part of what makes this salad so satiating.
- White wine vinegar can be used in place of lemon juice in the dressing.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can get the artichokes crispy with a bit of olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook until nicely browned.
This Air Fryer Artichoke Salad is amazing because:
It is a very hearty salad, meaning it’ll keep you satisfied for hours.
It is bright in both color and flavor, and perfect for Spring.
Because there is no soft lettuce in this salad, it can be dressed ahead and enjoyed the next day or even days after.
If you love artichokes, this method is a great way to enjoy them without having to fuss with cleaning and prepping fresh ones.
The air fryer makes a quick job of cooking the artichokes to a crispy, golden brown without much oil. If you’re looking to buy an air fryer, I really like this brand.
It’s a total crowdpleaser – just ask 2 Million people of Tik Tok!
For some other salads perfect for your Easter table, be sure to check out these recipes:
If you make this Air Fried Artichoke Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Air Fried Artichoke Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- 1 air fryer
- 2 cans artichokes in water, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 cups Brussels sprouts
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for topping, if desired
To make the Air Fryer Artichokes:
- Pat drained artichokes well with a tea towel, then transfer to a bowl.
- Toss artichokes with minced garlic, one tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of black pepper.
- Transfer them to an air fryer basket and air fry for at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and browned, let them cool for a couple of minutes, then slice in half. Reserve.
To Make the Dressing and Salad:
- In a glass jar or bowl, combine the minced shallot, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Whisk or shake to combine.
- Shave the Brussels sprouts thinly on a mandoline, or using a very sharp knife.
- Add these to a large serving bowl along with the white beans, celery, artichokes and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with a little bit more Parmesan, if desired, and serve.