You all fell in love with my Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal I shared last month, so I couldn’t possibly keep this Fall twist a secret any longer. A perfect breakfast for kids, or really anyone looking for a delicious, healthy and hearty start to their day, especially with the abundance of apples this time of year.
This simple recipe is so easy to make that it can be set and forgotten – come back in 1-2 hours and enjoy a warming apple pie inspired breakfast that’s ideal for getting through back-to-school season. It’s also great if you’re short on time, as it keeps well in the fridge over night – just reheat and enjoy a warm breakfast on those trudge out of bed early mornings.
A quick note for my gluten-free friends, be sure to use gluten-free oats to avoid cross contamination if you have a sensitivity!
Who’s ready for breakfast?
Watch Me Make My Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
If you’re in need of some back-to-school meal inspiration, be sure to follow me on Facebook, or see all of my favorites (and so many other delicious recipes!) over on Pinterest.
How To Make My Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
Step 1. Spray slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
Step 3. Cook on high for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender.
Step 4. Spoon into bowls, drizzle with more maple syrup and cinnamon if desired and serve.
Step 5. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- You can use any apples you have on hand
- Use sugar or coconut sugar instead of maple syrup
- Use more maple syrup if you want it sweeter, this is moderately sweet
- Oatmeal can be enjoyed in so many ways so I encourage you to be creative and experiment with different flavor combinations
This Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal is special because:
Takes 5 minutes to put together and and is ready in 1-2 hours.
Great for before work/school and if you have guests.
It can be doubled in a large slow cooker and keeps well for up to a week.
More Recipes For Apple Picking Season?
Harvest Bowl Salad With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Everyday Apple Tart (Gluten-Free)
If you make my Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
If you like full recipe videos, you’ll want to follow me on Facebook and Youtube as I publish new videos daily!
Slow-Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 large, sweet, tart apple Fuji, Pink Lady
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Spray a 2 quart slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on High for 1 to 1 ½ ours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender. You can also cook on low for about 2-3 hours.
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with more maple syrup and cinnamon and serve.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. When reheating in the microwave, add a bit of water to achieve a soft consistency.