These paleo salted blondies are thick, chewy, and absolutely delicious. They are studded with dark chocolate chips and flaky salt for the perfect indulgent treat. This dessert is gluten-free and refined sugar-free, so they’re healthy too!
Fun fact: I am not a fancy dessert kind of girl. If given the choice between, say, a Napoleon or a blondie I will choose the blondie every time. I like humble, happy desserts that don’t take themselves too seriously.
This is my healthy interpretation of my beloved blondie, and I must say it is outstanding. These moist, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars have just the right amount of height and substance while still melting in your mouth. No one can ever believe they are paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free, and actually filled with healthy ingredients.
I don’t want to belabor the point here and keep you from the most important part of this post by far, the recipe. They are insanely, ridiculously good. Please make them and let me know what you think!
How To make These Homemade Blondies:
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Step 2. Grease an 8×8 inch square pan, then line it with parchment paper so you have overhang on two sides. This makes removing the blondies easy as you have handles to grab onto.
Step 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, and eggs. Then whisk in the coconut sugar.
Step 4. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add in the flours, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 18 – 28 minutes, or until the center is just slightly soft and the edges have started to brown. You don’t want to overbake, they will continue to firm up as they cool.
Step 6. Let them cool on a rack for 30 minutes, then lift the blondies out of the pan. Allow them to continue cooling on the rack, or as I do, in the freezer to make cutting a breeze.
Step 7. Serve and enjoy!
If you make these Paleo Salted Blondies, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Paleo Salted Blondies
- 8 x 8 inch square baking pan
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew nut butter can also use almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- flaky salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 inch square pan and line with parchment paper so you have overhang on two sides. This makes removing the blondies easier after they bake.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond butter, and eggs.
- Add in the coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add in the coconut flour and almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, sprinkle with flaky salt, and bake for 18-28 minutes, or until the center is just slightly soft and the edges have started to brown. Don't overbake, the blondies will firm up as they cool.
- Let cool on a rack for 30 minutes, then lift the blondies out of the pan. Allow them to continue to cool on rack, or in the freezer to make cutting a breeze.
- Serve and enjoy!