I am always thinking of new ways to use pumpkin, and this recipe is a twist on my classic pumpkin bread, using coffee to give you the flavor profile of the famed Starbucks coffee drink (but better).
The coffee deepens the taste, almost heading in the direction of a ginger bread without the ginger. I’ll be making lots of classic pumpkin bread, but this will definitely be in my rotation as well.
A few notes on substitutions: If you don’t have or want to use oat flour, you can sub in all purpose or a combination of all purpose and whole wheat. Granulated sugar is easily subbed in for the coconut sugar as well.
I hope you make it and love it as much as we do!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Bread
This cozy, gluten free pumpkin bread gets a caffeinated twist from fresh brewed coffee. Filled with fall spices and perfectly moist, it's a perfect afternoon treat or weekend family breakfast!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Raw pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, spices, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, blend the coconut sugar, pumpkin, coffee and olive oil. Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixer in two batches, mixing on low speed after each until just combined and there are no white traces of flour.
- Transfer batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and a bit of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Allow to cool briefly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!