I love Delicata Squash for its cute scalloped edges and its vibrant orange color, but I especially love it for its buttery texture and sweet, nutty flavor. Delicata squash are smaller than other varieties such as spaghetti squash or your traditional pumpkin, and subsequently a recipe will require two or three of them in order to replace one larger-sized option. But, compared to its larger relatives, Delicata is a breeze to slice and is an excellent choice for roasting because it cooks up tender yet holds its shape nicely. It’s a great addition to fall salads, but one of my favorite ways to serve it is this Roasted Delicata Squash with Cinnamon Maple Butter. It makes for a healthy addition to any Thanksgiving spread and the kids are sure to devour it!
Watch Me Make My Roasted Delicata Squash With Cinnamon Maple Butter
How To Make My Roasted Delicata Squash With Cinnamon Maple Butter
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet and prepare your squash: Using a heavy chef’s knife, cut each squash into one inch wide rings. Scoop out the seeds and strings and place on the baking sheet.
Step 2. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt to the melted butter and whisk to combine.
Step 3. Toss Squash with the maple cinnamon butter and salt.
Step 4. Place the squash in the oven and bake until tender, about 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
Step 5. Sprinkle with flaky salt on top before serving and serve it hot.
Step 6. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- A Butternut Squash is a great alternative to Delicata
- Substitute maple syrup for honey or brown sugar
- If cinnamon is not your style, experiment with allspice or nutmeg
- Don’t worry about peeling the squash, you can eat the Delicata skin!
This Roasted Delicata Squash With Cinnamon Maple Butter is special because:
It is fast, easy and delicious!
It’s the perfect vegetarian, gluten free and refined sugar free addition to any holiday spread
Delicata squash is much easier to slice than other larger varieties
The oven does all the work and the kids will love how sweet and tender it is!
More Squash Season Recipes:
If you make my Roasted Delicata Squash With Cinnamon Maple Butter, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
If you like full recipe videos, you’ll want to follow me on Facebook and Youtube as I publish new videos daily!
Roasted Delicata Squash with Cinnamon Maple Butter (Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free)
- 3 medium delicata squash
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a heavy chef’s knife, carefully cut each squash into one inch wide rings. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and strings. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt to the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Toss with the maple cinnamon butter and salt.
- Place the squash in the oven and bake until tender, about 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through. The squash should be lightly browned and just tender, don’t overcook or it will become mushy (we don’t want that!)
- Sprinkle with flaky salt on top before serving and then serve hot.