I only use use my air fryer for a handful of things religiously. What can I say, I usually prefer conventional cooking methods! But this is one of the recipes I make consistently in the air fryer because not only does it take less than 10 minutes to cook (and sometimes as few as SIX!) but it comes out perfect every time: well seasoned, crispy on the outside and buttery inside.
The mustard adds a tang and depth of flavor to the salmon that cuts through the fat and makes it really sing, and if you’re lucky enough to be left with some leftovers (it’s a rarity in my house!), it’s incredible on a salad – my personal favorite salad pairing is my Sweet Potato + Kale Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing.
Watch Me Make The Best 10-Minute Air Fryer Salmon
How To Make The Best 10-Minute Air Fryer Salmon
Step 1. Spray air fryer basket with oil and preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
Step 2. Pat each salmon fillet dry on both sides.
Step 3. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, garlic powder, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper together until smooth. Brush each salmon fillet generously with the mustard mixture.
Step 4. Place two fillets in the air fryer and air-fry for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon and desired degree of doneness. You will want to do this in two batches so you do not overcrowd the basket, so when the salmon is cooked, remove to a plate to rest.
Step 5: Spray the basket again and repeat with the remaining two salmon fillets.
Step 6: Serve with a squeeze of lime.
What Else Can I Use?
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can broil your salmon to your likeness. It won’t be as crispy on the outside, but it’ll still be delicious.
- You can use grainy mustard instead of dijon.
- If you don’t like mustard, use a teaspoon of mayo to bind the seasonings to the fish.
- The biggest factor for great fish is not overcooking it: check it on the low end of the timeframe and put it back in for a minute or two if you want it more well done. The thickness of salmon varies greatly, so use your judgement.
- No garlic powder? Use onion powder.
- Smoked paprika, sweet, and hot paprika all work great here.
This Air Fryer Salmon is special because:
It’s fast and delicious. Every. Single. Time.
The pairing of flavors cuts through the richness of salmon making it more palatable for those who aren’t the biggest fans of rich seafoods.
It’s healthy, low carb, and paleo.
It’s ideal for meal prep as leftovers are great as is, on a salad, in a grain bowl, or even in tacos.
It screams summer – buttery, mustard slathered fish with fresh lime? Chefs kiss!
Craving more simple fish recipes? Check these out:
Crispy Cod & Summer Corn Salad
Easy Teryaki-Glazed Salmon Bowls
Spicy Sambal Shrimp Lettuce Cups (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
Baked Stuffed Shrimp Casserole
If you make this Air Fryer Salmon, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
The Best 10 Minute Air Fryer Salmon
- air fryer
- 4 salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Lime wedges for serving
- Spray air fryer basket with oil and preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Pat each salmon fillet dry on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, garlic powder, mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper together until smooth. Brush each salmon flllet generously with the mustard mixture.
- Place two fillets in the air fryer and air-fry for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon and desired degree of doneness. You will want to do this in two batches so you do not overcrowd the basket, so when the salmon is cooked, remove to a plate to rest.
- Spray the basket again and repeat with the remaining two salmon fillets.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime.