When you think of a turkey burger, what comes to mind is probably a dry, flavourless mound of meat that is less than satisfying for everyone involved… anyone else shuddering at the thought? Well, I think it’s about time we repaint that mental picture! These gluten-free Turkey-Bacon Burgers are moist and brimming with flavor; so much so that they can be served on their own, or traditional burger style with all of your favorite fixings. I personally choose to feed my whole family one meal rather than making something seperate for my kids (it’s what works best for us!), and everyone absolutely devours these.
I’m a big fan of recipes that take very few steps and between my trusty food processor doing all the hard work at the beginning, and our mini webber grill that makes cooking take no time at all, this recipe is perfect for hot summer nights when dinner is the very last thing on your mind. If you don’t have a barbecue on hand, reach for a Grill Pan or Heavy Bottomed Skillet and they’ll be ready in no time!
Ready to elevate your burger game?
Watch Me Make My Turkey-Bacon Burgers
How To Make My Turkey-Bacon Burgers
Step 1. To a food processor, add garlic, bacon, and onion. Pulse for 10-20 seconds or until finely chopped.
Step 2. Add the ground turkey meat to a large mixing bowl. Add bacon mixture in with the turkey, along with the worcestershire, salt and pepper.
Step 3. Form the turkey mixture into 8-10 patties about ½ inch thick. Make an indent with your thumb in the center of the burgers, this will keep them from puffing up too much.
Step 4. Grill for 5-8 minutes or until just cooked through.
Step 5. Serve as is, with grainy mustard, a green vegetable and rice or on burger buns with your choice of fixings.
Step 6. Enjoy!
The full recipe and ingredients are waiting for you at the bottom of this post, with a printable version for if you fall in love with this recipe as much as I have!
What Else Can I Use?
- I do not recommend ground turkey breast for this recipe. It’s simply too lean and will result in dry turkey burgers. Look for ground turkey (not breast) or dark meat ground turkey.
- If you want to go all out, substitute ground beef for the ground turkey and make Beef Bacon Burgers.
- You can mince all the filling ingredients if you want to do it by hand, I just suggest a food processor as it makes very quick work of it.
- No outdoor grill? Use a Grill Pan or Heavy Bottomed Skillet instead.
- Any bacon works in here, I like the thick-cut Costco Kirkland brand.
- If you want to add some cheese in here, it would be delicious – I recommend a finely grated sharp cheddar.
These Turkey-Bacon Burgers are special because:
They incredibly moist and flavorful! Forget those dry Turkey burgers of the past!
The entire family will love them – and being gluten free, paleo and keto, they can all enjoy them!
They’re quick and don’t require any weird or wild ingredients making them perfect for busy summer nights when dinner is the last thing on your mind!
More Family-Friendly Favorites!
If you make my Turkey-Bacon Burgers, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment below and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Turkey-Bacon Burgers (Moist and SO Flavorful) (Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo)
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 4 ounces bacon cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 pounds ground turkey dark meat
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- To a food processor, add garlic, bacon, and onion.
- Pulse for 10-20 seconds or until finely chopped.
- Add the ground turkey meat to a large mixing bowl.
- Add bacon mixture in with the turkey, along with the worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Form the turkey mixture into 8-10 patties about ½ inch thick.
- Make an indent with your thumb in the center of the burgers, this will keep them from puffing up too much.
- Grill for 5-8 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Serve as is, with grainy mustard, a green vegetable and rice or on burger buns with your choice of fixings.