Are you tired of salads yet? Please say no. Because I have another one for you and it’s a must make.
I first posted this salad a couple of months ago on social media and I didn’t realize what a stir it would cause. I mean, I knew that I had something special with this salad dressing, but I was not prepared for what ensued.
Within a couple of weeks this Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing had racked up over 5 Million views on Tik Tok and I had thousands of you making this salad and sharing your creations with me on Instagram.
Then the Rachael Ray show called, and selected this recipe to feature on the show this week! Suffice to say, I knew I had to share this recipe on the blog so all of you can reference it anytime you need, or print out to use for a lifetime (which you will, I promise).
How To Make Mediterranean Chopped Salad with
Roasted Red Pepper Dressing:
Step 1. Combine dressing ingredients in a high speed blender.
Step 2. Combine greens in a large serving bowl and mix.
Step 3. Top with the rest of the salad ingredients.
Step 4. Toss the salad with the dressing. Since we have romaine in this salad, it doesn’t keep when dressed for as long as some of the others, so if you’re making ahead of time, store dressing separately and dress before serving.
Step 4. Serve or refrigerate and enjoy all week.
What Else Can I Use?
- Roasted red peppers are a non-negotiable here. They are the base of this salad dressing, so sadly, I cannot offer a substitution that wouldn’t be an entirely different recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar can be replaced with apple cider or white wine vinegar in the dressing.
- If you don’t have honey, maple syrup can be used in the dressing.
- You can use goat cheese or feta in the salad instead of mozzarella.
- If you don’t care for green olives, use kalamata olives, hearts of palm, or canned artichokes instead.
This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is Special Because:
It is crunchy, creamy, salty, and sweet. The perfect blend and balance of flavors.
It takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
The DRESSING is what has everyone so excited. It is only 5 ingredients and is so very flavorful. Grab a high quality blender (this is mine and I’ve had it for over 10 years), and watch magic happen.
The dressing will keep for a good week in the fridge, and is as delicious on salad as it is with roast chicken.
If you like this one, check out these other healthy lunch recipes:
If you make this Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- 1 High speed blender
Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 2 large hearts of romaine, chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- 12 oz. roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 small cloves garlic, smashed or 1 large
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- In a high-speed blender, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Blend for 10 seconds, until smooth and red.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cabbage and romaine lettuce. This will be the base of your salad.
- Add onion, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and chickpeas.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve right away. Leftovers will hold up for 2-3 days dressed. For longer storage, store the dressing and salad separately.