Salad for brunch?!
Now, before you raise an eyebrow or question my sanity, let me tell you, this may be the best thing to happen to canned salmon. Dare I say, we’re taking canned salmon to a whole new level of brunch perfection. Picture this: a flavorful and versatile gluten-free salad that can be enjoyed on its own, paired with crackers or a crusty baguette for a light lunch, or even tucked snugly into a heavenly sandwich or pita pocket. And the best part? It’s economical, nutrient-packed, and stays fresh in your fridge all week long.
Am I salad obsessed? Of course! But once you give this salmon salad a try, you’ll wonder why you’ve never considered brunching with salad before. So grab your favorite wild canned salmon (I highly recommend the one by Wild Planet, available at most grocery stores including Whole Foods Market and Costco), and let’s dive into this delectable, gluten free, brunchable 10-minute salad.
I’ll be eating this for the rest of summer, and you can’t stop me.
Watch Me Make My 10-Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill and Lemon
How To Make My 10-Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill and Lemon
Step 1. To a large bowl, add parsley, dill, mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, lemon zest and juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until blended.
Step 2. Add canned salmon, breaking it up with a fork into the dressing.
Step 3. Mix in celery, onion, and capers with another pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4. Serve with crackers, in a sandwich, or alongside hard-boiled eggs and toast for brunch.
Step 5. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- Can’t find salmon? Use a good quality tuna.
- This method also works well with smoked trout if you can find some.
- Don’t care for capers? Leave them out, and add a bit more salt to season it.
- You can use all mayo if you’d like, though I like the fresh and tart flavor a bit of yogurt provides.
- Shallot or yellow onion works in place of the red onion.
This 10-Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill and Lemon is special because:
You can eat it any time of day – yes including for brunch
It’s economical, nutritious, and keeps in the fridge all week long
It only takes 10 minutes to prepare
More Summer Salads
If you make my 10 Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill and Lemon, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
10-Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill, and Lemon (Gluten-free)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped fine
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 5-oz. cans of salmon in water, drained well wild salmon recommended
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- ½ small red onion minced
- ¼ cup capers minced
- To a large bowl, add parsley, dill, mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, lemon zest and juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until blended.
- Add canned salmon, breaking it up with a fork into the dressing.
- Mix in celery, onion, and capers with another pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers, in a sandwich, or alongside hard-boiled eggs and toast for brunch.