Now this is a summer salad! People go wild for this Berry Caprese and it couldn’t be easier to make, making it the perfect addition to your Memorial Day festivities (or really any entertaining at all!). The trick to making a simple salad spectacular? Building flavor! Fresh arugula starts this recipe off with a distinctive spicy kick that’s just waiting to be balanced with sweet berries, creamy mozzarella balls and sweet tangy balsamic glaze. Simple, beautiful, and downright delicious!
How To Make Berry Caprese Salad
Step 1. In a large bowl, dress arugula and thinly sliced shallot with lime juice, salt, and extra virgin olive oil.
Step 2. Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
Step 3. Top with berries, mozzarella, and herbs.
Step 4. Finish with salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze.
Watch Me Make Berry Caprese Salad:
What Else Can I Use?
- Any berries can be used, including raspberries and blueberries. Even watermelon is a nice addition.
- I like this on a bed of arugula, but you can use watercress or mixed greens, or skip the greens altogether as well.
- If you can’t find small mozzarella balls, you can use a ball of mozzarella and dice it up.
- Feta or goat cheese can be used in place of mozzarella.
- Don’t skimp on the lime juice and salt, they add needed flavor to this simple salad.
This Berry Caprese Salad is special because:
You can use any berries you have on hand, or whatever is in season!
It is the perfect addition to almost any meal – brunch, lunch or a summer BBQ dinner!
It takes 10 minutes to make, tops.
It’s gluten free and vegetarian, great for when feeding a crowd!
Need more summer salads? Check out these other recipes:
If you make this Berry Caprese Salad, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Berry Caprese Salad (Gluten-Free, vegetarian)
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Small handful of mint leaves chopped
- Prepared Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
- In a large bowl, dress arugula with juice from ½ of the lime, shallot, and ¼ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
- Top with berries, mozzarella, and scatter the fresh mint over top.
- Finish with ¼ tsp salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze if using.