This recipe was a last minute add, I didn’t plan to post it this week but when I made it again this morning and so many people messaged me on Instagram about it, I knew I had to give it to you before Christmas. I make this well into February, kicking it off for the season for the holidays.
I have always loved the taste of eggnog, there’s really nothing like that luscious, rich goodness. (Martha is known for serving her classic eggnog in a giant silver bowl every year for Christmas entertaining). However, I can usually only have it once or twice a season because of that. I wanted something that would be a nod to my favorite festive drink, without the heaviness. Does it taste exactly like classic eggnog? No. Does it fit the bill? Yes, at least it definitely does for me.
“What else can I use?”
- If you don’t have unsweetened vanilla almond milk, you can use sweetened vanilla or plain almond milk.
- Feel free to use light coconut milk instead of the full fat.
- Want to make it boozy? Add some bourbon and/or rum to the eggnog when blending.
I hope you love this recipe, and that it brings you joy and cozies this holiday season.
Easy Vegan Eggnog
- High speed blender
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (13-14 oz.)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- coconut or regular whipped cream (for topping) optional
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until frothy.
- Pour into small glasses and garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of ground nutmeg, if using.
- This makes a large batch and keeps for a week in the refrigerator.