If you’ve been following along for a while, you will know that I consider myself an advocate for meal-in-a-bowl salads that actually fill you up, and trust me when I tell you this Kale Chopped Salad delivers. I am all about quick, easy, AND delicious, so not only is this salad incredibly fast to throw together, (perfect for when you’re craving something healthy and filling but don’t want to spend an hour in the kitchen) but the dressing is absolute magic in 3-ingredients.
Make this Hungry Lady Salad in advance and store it for up to 5 days in the fridge, or dig in the moment it’s ready!
Watch Me Make My Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing
If you’re in need of some more meal-in-a-bowl salads, be sure to follow me on Facebook, or see all of my Hungry Lady Salads (and so many other delicious recipes!) over on Pinterest.
How To Make My Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing
Step 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
Step 2. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk or blend until very smooth.
Step 3. Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
Step 4. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- Sometimes I have a craving for homemade hummus, but for the sake of time and effort, I highly recommend the Boar’s Head Hummus for a high-quality, readily available option
- I love Tuscan Kale, also known as Lucinato or Dinosaur Kale for this salad and most raw preparations. It’s softer than curly kale, though you could certainly use that if that’s what you can find.
- Use diced onion or shallot instead of the green onions.
This Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing is special because:
It comes together in a flash
It’s packed with flavor
You don’t have to stress about your knife skills!
It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days
More Hungry Lady Salads:
Roasted Sweet Potato + Kale Salad With Spicy Cashew Herb Dressing (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Mediterranean Chopped Salad With Roasted Red Pepper Dressing (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free)
‘Cheesy’ Vegan Kale Salad With Farro
If you make my Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
If you like full recipe videos, you’ll want to follow me on Facebook and Youtube as I publish new videos daily!
Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 2 heads Tuscan kale stemmed and chopped
- 1 head of fennel diced
- 2 red yellow or orange peppers, diced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup feta cheese broken up
Creamy Hummus Dressing:
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
Make the Dressing:
- If your hummus is very smooth and "drippy" this will come together easily in a mixing bowl. If it's thicker, a high speed blender makes quick work of it.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk or blend until very smooth.
- In a large serving bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.