My uncle and mother were over for dinner and about halfway through the dish of these pecans, my uncle turned to me and said they were the best nuts he’d ever had. So, I asked him to guess the secret ingredient.. when he finally declared he was stumped, I finally told him it was Miso! Miso paste is a fermented soy bean paste that’s used a lot in Japanese cooking. It’s made by fermenting steamed soy beans with salt, grains such as rice or barley, and koji which is a type of fungus (the good kind, I promise!). Here it brings the perfect umami balance to the sweetness of maple syrup.
These nuts are the perfect edible holiday gift, or a quick and easy snack or appetizer to pair with cocktails for parties!
How To Make My 3 Ingredient Miso-Maple Glazed Pecans
Step 1. Preheat oven to 275 Degrees F.
Step 2. Place pecans evenly on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper or silpat). Bake 15-20 minutes.
Step 3. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup and miso with 2 tablespoons of warm water.
Step 4. Pour the mixture onto the pecans and toss to coat evenly. Spread back out onto the cookie sheet and return to oven for 10-15 minutes. Don’t worry if they are sticky when they come out, they will harden further as they cool.
Step 5. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before putting in a jar to gift or store, or serve!
Step 6. Enjoy!
WHAT I USE TO MAKE THIS:
What Else Can I Use?
- Feel free to use walnuts or almonds in this recipe instead of pecans, just adjust the cooking time if needed.
- Use the best quality maple syrup you can afford for these. You can find great Grade A, B, or C, maple syrup at any supermarket these days. Just please don’t use pancake syrup!
- Miso is at the heart of this recipe, so I really suggest seeking it out. It’s available at most markets in the refrigerated section, or even on amazon.
- White miso is my preference for its mellow flavor and sweetness, if you want a bit more punch you can use red miso as well.
This 3 Ingredient Miso-Maple Glazed Pecans is special because:
They’re simple and easy to make with just 3 ingredients!
They are an absolute crowd-favorite – everyone will want to know your secret!
They’re perfect for snacking on, or gifting to that holiday host you love!
Even More Holiday Appetizers
If you make my 3 Ingredient Miso-Maple Glazed Pecans, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment and rate the recipe below. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
3 Ingredient Miso-Maple Glazed Pecans (Gluten-free, Refined-sugar Free)
- 8 oz. raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons Sweet White Miso
- Preheat oven to 275 Degrees F.
- Place pecans evenly on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper or silpat).
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup and miso with 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Pour the mixture onto the pecans and toss to coat evenly. Spread back out onto the cookie sheet and return to oven for 10-15 minutes. Don’t worry if they are sticky when they come out, they will harden further as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before putting in a jar to store, to gift, or to serve!