It’s officially time to add a new recipe to your breakfast rotation. This slow-cooker banana bread oatmeal is a sweet and healthy way to start your day, and the best part is it only takes 5 minutes to prepare. It’s downright simple to make, but it tastes (and smells) like fresh home baked banana bread. In fact, it makes the whole house smell like banana bread… Anyone else feeling nostalgic?
It’s the perfect morning meal to make ahead of time – in just 5 minutes you can have breakfast ready for the whole week if you want to. It’s also a great recipe to pull out for larger family breakfasts or brunches.
A quick note for my gluten-free friends, be sure to use gluten-free oats to avoid cross contamination if you have a sensitivity!
As a Prepology representative on QVC, I can attest to how often their kitchen gadgets come in handy—and this 2 quart slow-cooker is no exception. It’s a lot of fun sharing their range of practical, well-priced tools, and with comfort food season right around the corner, I’m already thinking about all of the ways that I can use them to make mouth-watering meals for my family (and yours!).
So let’s start with breakfast, shall we?
Watch Me Make My Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal
How To Make My Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal
Step 1. Spray slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2. Peel the bananas and mash them up into a puree.
Step 3. Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
Step 4. Cook cook on High for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender.
Step 5. Spoon into bowls, drizzle with more maple syrup and cinnamon if desired and serve.
Step 6. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- Oatmeal can be enjoyed in so many ways so I encourage you to be creative and experiment with different flavors.
- Walnuts can be substituted with whatever nuts you prefer.
This Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal is special because:
Takes 5 minutes to put together and and is ready in 1-2 hours.
Great for before work/school and if you have guests.
It can be double in a large slow cooker and keeps well for up to a week.
Want More Back-To-School Breakfast Ideas?
If you make my Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment here and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
If you like full recipe videos, you’ll want to follow me on Facebook and Youtube as I publish new videos daily!
Slow-Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Spray a 2 quart slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas and mash them up into a puree. I like to do this on a plate or shallow, flat bottomed container to make this easier.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook cook on High for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender. You can also cook on low for about 2-3 hours.
- Spoon into bowls, drizzle with more maple syrup and cinnamon if desired and serve.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. When reheating in the microwave, add a bit of water to achieve a soft consistency.