Some days you just need a lunch that’s hassle-free, flavorful and will keep you satisfied all afternoon long. Hungry Lady Salad Episode 47 – my Curry Cashew Chicken Salad – ticks all of those boxes! It’s high in protein thanks to both the yogurt base and chicken; it’s salty, sweet, chewy and has just the right amount of crunch with raw vegetables like celery and red onion, plus the cashews of course! This salad is ideal for meal prepping on a Sunday because, like so many of my salads, you can make it on the weekend and enjoy it all week long. I also love that I can grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store making it super-fast to put together. It can be enjoyed in so many different ways, but some of my personal favorites include in lettuce leaf cups, tucked into a sandwich, scooped up with crackers, or on its own with a spoon!
How To Make My Curry Cashew Chicken Salad
Step 1. In a large bowl, whisk the curry powder, yogurt, mayonnaise, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, apricot preserves, and salt.
Step 2. To the bowl of dressing, add the shredded chicken.
Step 3. Add the onion and celery and toss to combine.
Step 4. Arrange the lettuce leaves on plates and scoop the chicken salad onto each one. Top with the cilantro and cashews and serve.
Step 5. Enjoy!
What Else Can I Use?
- You can use any curry powder you like, or even curry paste. Be mindful that curry powders range from mild to very spicy in heat so choose according to your tastes.
- If you don’t have apricot or orange preserves and don’t want to buy some, a tablespoon or two of honey will serve a similar purpose.
- The cilantro and cashews act as a garnish component, so if you’re not a fan of cilantro just replace with parsley or leave it out.
- If you have a nut allergy, just omit the cashew garnish.
This Curry Cashew Chicken Salad is special because:
It’s salty, sweet, chewy, crunchy – lots of flavor and texture going on here!
It’s fast and easy to put together, especially if you grab a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store!
It can be enjoyed in so many different ways: in lettuce leaf cups, tucked into a sandwich, scooped up with crackers, or on its own with a spoon!
Salads That Make Meal Prepping Easy
Kimchi Tuna Salad (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
The Best Mayo-Free Tuna Salad (Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
10 Minute Salmon Salad with Capers, Dill and Lemon (Gluten Free)
Rainbow White Bean Salad (Gluten Free)
Crunchy Kale Chopped Salad with 3-Ingredient Hummus Dressing (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
If you make my Curry Cashew Chicken Salad, and I hope you do, please leave me a comment and rate the recipe. Your feedback means a lot to me! You can also post to Instagram and tag me so I can share your creations!
Curry Cashew Chicken Salad (Quick & So Flavorful!)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apricot or orange preserves
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 heads of Little Gem lettuce or romaine hearts leaves separated
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ⅓ cup roasted cashews roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the curry paste, yogurt, mayonnaise, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, apricot preserves, and salt.
- To the bowl of dressing, add the shredded chicken.
- Add the onion and celery and toss to combine.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on plates and scoop the chicken salad onto each one. Top with the cilantro and cashews and serve.